Business Model for Academia
Many of the concepts we pursue originate with professors, scientists, engineers and students at leading universities and research laboratories. We understand how to work with both the individual inventor and the Technology Transfer Office to further develop and commercialize viable technologies.
Universities are not in the business of commercially developing technology once they pass the research stage. They need a partner to develop technology to the point of commercialization.
This occurs because universities often lack the resources to explore, in depth, the business issues (including market size, competitive analysis, etc.) where the commercial opportunity is not obvious. Therefore, Acorn will partner with universities to better investigate the business case for certain technologies.
Benefits of working with Acorn:
• Financial support for technology and business development
• Collaboration with industry experts
• Commercialization through technology demonstration
• Taking technologies into mature markets
• Broad licensing and market penetration
For further information, please contact us.