Business Model for Individual Inventors
Acorn provides a new path to extracting value for individual inventor’s ideas. As inventors ourselves, we realize that there are few avenues of finding support and funding for transforming valuable ideas into marketable technologies beyond the FFF model.
As scientists you have the problem of going from initial concept of your invention to its commercialization. At a minimum, the following problems will need to be addressed:
• Developing a good business case for your invention, including marketing opportunity, competitive analysis, etc.
• Raising capital. $500,000 or more is often required to bring a technology to the point of proof of concept. This investment is very high risk for friends and family.
• Facing the challenge of credibility in attracting money, people and customers for your invention.
With Acorn, you can continue to devote your energy toward developing your technology while we shoulder the development risks and costs. We will put development and business teams together to help take your idea from the “garage” to the marketplace.
Benefits of working with Acorn:
• Financial support for technology and business development.
• Collaboration with industry experts.
• Commercialization through technology demonstration.
• Guidance and assistance in patenting and maximizing intellectual property protection.
As inventors ourselves, Acorn is sensitive to your need to protect your creation. In our discussions, we take an approach that protects your interest. To speak confidentially with someone about your invention, please contact us.